Jonah Lomu, with the Blues jersey. He stayed in the All Blacks until 2002, when he was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome who departed from an apparently rugby final. However, the desire to play Jonah Lomu was rewarded in 2006 when, recovering from his illness, joined the Cardiff Blues in an attempt to recapture his best form and qualify for a Super 14 contract in 2007, a prerequisite for again represent New Zealand. However, the years took their toll and Jonah Lomu did not get his contract in the Super 14. In January 2005, announced his intention to lead a team at the invitation of Martin Johnson benefit match for the June 4, at Twickenham.In that test scored a game but injured a shoulder and could not return for the second time but had an encouraging return. This injury was more serious than first thought and had surgery, which prevented him from playing the NPC in 2005. Before returning to professional rugby had to talk to WADA on the medicines you could take due to his illness. On 8 April 2005, signed a two-year contract to play in the first division of New Zealand in the North Harbor. On 9 August 2005, he joined the North Harbor but suffered from the operation of shoulder and missed, so it worked with the team at practice. The North Harbor agreed to allow Lomu to play outside the country after the end of the league NPC, so he signed with the Cardiff Blues of the Magners League. In December of that year he began to play in Wales but returned to North Harbor for the next season of the NPC 2006.His first match in competition since the transplant was 10 December in the Heineken Cup to the Rugby Calvisano of Italy. He played the game from the start and played 60 minutes and although did not score a line break very important to make the first test of his team winning by 25 to 10. A week later he made his debut at Cardiff Arms Park and played the entire game. No score, but his team won by 43 to 16 before the Rugby Calvisano. On December 27, 2005 and scored his first test was the “man of the match” in a game of the Magners League by winning 41 to 23 at the Newport Gwent Dragons. In early 2006 focused on gaining speed and strength and said “I lost between 10 and 11 kilos.” On 15 April he returned to play because he had not done for their training since January and returned to the Border Reivers. In this match he broke his ankle and how it felt, was out for six weeks, missing the final of the Magners League.After three seasons out of rugby in New Zealand, Lomu to play again at Massey against Marist Rugby Club in a competition of North Harbor. Lomu played 30 minutes, making a lock before spraining his right ankle and be replaced. In this game, Lomu said he was “a small step in his comeback. The aim of Lomu was back to the National Provincial Championship and to compete with the All Blacks Rugby World Cup 2007. Lomu ended up playing for the North Harbor in the fourth round of the National Provincial Championship in a match against Wellington in which he played 26 minutes of game. He won by 31 to 16 and after the game said to me is a dream come true … I always said that this was my goal to play again with New Zealand. However, it became apparent that Lomu would not contest the 2007 World Cup because they did not sign with the team of New Zealand’s Super 14.Before that, Lomu had been demoted to second team of the North Harbor to what they expressed disappointment at his failure but he had not failed himself. At that time, there was speculation he would play in Australia in 2007 at a club in the new national league. On 16 October 2006, it was reported that Lomu was close to signing for the Queensland Gold Coast Titans. He was offered a contract of one hundred thousand dollars but ultimately did not materialize. On 5 November 2006, the BBC said that Lomu was considering a return to Welsh rugby. On 9 April 2007, Lomu appeared in the New Zealand version of “This Is Your Life”, which appeared together with his brother Noah Lomu. On 4 June 2007, was awarded the Order of Merit, New Zealand, on the honor roll of the Queen’s birthday. Lomu retired from rugby in 2007.